Welcome to Squaw Valley Institute’s VOY/CE Initiative!
VOY/CE is a youth driven community that uses digital content to provoke real world movement. Founded on the belief that youth need a space to build on their footprint; members use the power of technology to connect, stir conversation, and direct collaborative actions that support causes VOY/CE members share a passion for.
Members of SVI VOY/CE experience
- Connection with other like minded youth who wish to impact the world now.
- Collaborative opportunities to influence the representation of youth voice on a local, regional, national, and global level.
- Transform thought and idea into tangible projects.
- Join in conversation with world thought leading guest speakers our parent organization SVI hosts.
Check back with us for next event details!
Past VOY/CE speakers and mentors members have collaborated with:
- Sir Ken Robinson, Leading a culture of innovation in education.
- Dr. Russell Quaglia
- Bethany Hamilton, surfer
- Anna Cummins, Marcus Eriksen & the 5 Gyres Institute
- Laura Dekker and Logan LaPlante
- Steven Kotler and Dirk Collins
- Joel Salatin, farmer, activist, environmentalist
- Julie Hanna, entrepreneur, philanthropist, chairperson for Kiva
- Diane Van Deren, Ultra-runner
- Plastic Paradise: the Great Pacific Garbage Patch with Angela Sun
- Fire Monks, Zen Mind Meets Wildfire
- JT Holmes, athlete
- Daron Rahlves, World Cup ski racer
SVI VOY/CE Program Director Ryan Wickes is a Certified Academic Life Coach for teens in the greater Reno/Tahoe area. His passion for facilitating progressive and unique systems for self-empowerment lead him to follow the path of Life Coaching as a career. He is also a passionate skier and mountain explorer who holds a deep-rooted passion for Squaw Valley and the surrounding community. Ryan is dedicated to aiding in the development of a united mountain community supporting creativity, participation and connection. Ryan received his Bachelors degree from the University of Reno Nevada. He is a current resident of neighboring Reno, where is he is joined by the love and laughter of his wife Angela and their three sons Kai, Kingston, and Cruz. For more information and to sign up for future programs: please contact Ryan@SquawValleyInstitute.org